Jerusalem Post/World NewsThe discussions between the countries have included talks on a third country demining certain areas, a US official told Al-Arabiya English. Follow us on GoogleUS Secretary of State Marco Rubio, US Ambassador to Lebanon Michel Issa, Lebanon Ambassador to the US Nada Hamadeh Moawad and Israel Ambassador to the US Yechiel Leiter pose for a photo before their meeting at the State Department in Washington, DC, US, April 14, 2026. (photo credit: REUTERS/KEVIN LAMARQUE)ByLEO FEIERBERG BETTERAUGUST 11, 2026 02:12Updated: AUGUST 11, 2026 03:06The next round of Israel-Lebanon talks is set to be held at the beginning of September, a US official told Saudi state-owned Al-Arabiya English on Tuesday morning.Hezbollah is still seeking to disrupt the peace process between the countries, said the official, adding that Washington remains optimistic about the talks.The discussions between the countries have included talks on a third country demining certain areas, the official reportedly said.Most recently, officials from the two countries met in Rome, with talks having concluded on August 6. There, representatives discussed Hezbollah's disarmament, the pilot program for Israeli withdrawal, and plans for a "comprehensive peace and security agreement," a State Department spokesperson said after the first day.Hezbollah denounced those talks, with Secretary-General Naim Qassem saying that the talks would bring "nothing but shame, humiliation, and successive compromises" for Lebanon. Qassem also condemned Lebanese President Joseph Aoun, dubbing him a divisive figure.HEZBOLLAH DEPUTY leader Sheikh Naim Qassem speaks in Beirut, at a rally supporting Palestinians in Gaza (credit: ZOHRA BENSEMRA/REUTERS)Hezbollah has opposed the direct Israel-Lebanon talks since they began in April. Since then, the countries have met several times to discuss an end to the long-standing conflict between them.Talks covered return of Jewish bodies from burial sitesIn Rome, Israeli officials brought up the possibility of transferring buried Jewish bodies in Lebanon to Israel for burial in exchange for the release of Lebanese prisoners in Israel, Hezbollah-affiliated Al-Akhbar reported on Monday. These bodies lie buried in cemeteries in Beirut and Sidon, the report said. Both cities historically featured vibrant Jewish communities, though almost none remain there to this day.James Genn, Idan Kweller, and Shir Perets contributed to this report.Follow us on Google
Israel, Lebanon to continue talks in September as Hezbollah seeks to disrupt process - report
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Jpost →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.