‘Sublime to ridiculous’ – Stephen Hendry takes brutal swipe at Ronnie O’Sullivan and labels his form a ‘struggle’

‘Sublime to ridiculous’ – Stephen Hendry takes brutal swipe at Ronnie O’Sullivan and labels his form a ‘struggle’

STEPHEN HENDRY took a brutal swipe at Ronnie O’Sullivan. And he claimed the Rocket’s form goes “from the sublime to the ridiculous”. Ronnie O’Sullivan is struggling to find consistent form Credit: Getty Stephen Hendry did not hold back in his scathing assessment Credit: Alamy O’Sullivan, 50, has not won a single ranking tournament across the last two years. And he began this new season with a 6-1 win over wildcard Liu Linhao at the Shanghai Masters before being dumped out by Kyren Wilson. Sign up for the Sport newsletter Thank you! He did make three centuries in a row against Wilson – including a remarkable 131. Last season, he made two 147s and even a world-record 153 break. But Hendry reckons O’Sullivan’s apparent inability to string together a consistent high level has been his downfall in recent times. Hendry told WST’s Snooker Club podcast: “That (Wilson match) has basically been the story of Ronnie’s game over the last year or two. “He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. “He can suddenly look absolutely flawless and then go back to really struggling. Most read in Snooker BEST ONLINE CASINOS – TOP SITES IN THE UK “Ronnie’s game now is flashes of brilliance coupled with inconsistent form.” O’Sullivan returns to the table at the China Open against Jackson Page on Sunday. But his long-term focus is a record eighth Crucible crown – although he has set himself a time frame to get it done. The Rocket said: “I’d love to win another World Championship. I’ve got two attempts at it. “Three years previous, I wasn’t cueing well enough, so I feel like if I can find some form at Sheffield… if I don’t do it this season or the next season, then it’ll definitely never happen. “But I’m pleased with my career. I’m happy with how things have gone, and I just want to try and enjoy these next two years. “I’ll reassess it in 2028 and if things are really going well, and I’ve surprised myself, then maybe you can extend it but you have to be realistic. “I’m definitely not going to be playing qualifiers, let’s put it that way.” Comment now

Original Source

Read the full article at Thesun →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.