Strictly celeb reveals major change to show launch after first episode date is announced

Strictly celeb reveals major change to show launch after first episode date is announced

A STRICTLY celeb has revealed a major change to the first episode after the show launch date was announced. Fans of the BBC show don’t have too much longer to wait to see the class of 2026 take to the dance floor. Strictly has undergone a series of changes ahead of the new series, including new hosts Credit: PA Graeme Hall, who is taking part this year, revealed a former launch show element is returning Credit: Not known, clear with picture desk It has been confirmed the Strictly launch show will take place on September 19, with viewers finding out which pro dancers the celebrities have been paired with. But now one celebrity – TV dog trainer Graeme Hall – has revealed a change to the launch show format. Sign up for the TV newsletter Thank you! Appearing on Radio Northampton, the 59-year-old said: “This year, they’re doing it slightly differently. “We don’t find out until the launch show. You have no say in it, the pros have no say in it.” The show is reverting back to pairing celebrities and pros in the studio during the launch show Graeme also shared his thoughts on the criticism this year’s line up has received Credit: Not known, clear with picture desk Strictly used to pair pros and celebrities during the launch show from 2010 to 2019, before switching to pre-recorded VTs in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. But it seems that among the many new changes that are part of the upcoming series – including new hosts and five pro dancers – BBC bosses have decided to revert back to a former favourite. Graeme also addressed criticism that the new line up has received, with some branding it “the worst to date”. While it includes household names like Lacey Turner, Jaime Winstone and Delta Goodrem, some – like Kim Kardashian‘s hair stylist Chris Appleton and YouTuber John Nellis – have bigger followings on social media. Most read in TV Graeme said: “I think you get it every year, it’s this ‘oh I don’t recognise a single one of them. They’re not celebs’. “But do you know what? I was watching it last year and I thought George was great, I didn’t know him from Adam when he was on.” Strictly Come Dancing begins on September 19 on BBC One. Comment now

Original Source

Read the full article at Thesun →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.