Ranbir Kapoor says he's not doing Dhoom 4 at Comic-Con; no word on Animal Park

Ranbir Kapoor says he's not doing Dhoom 4 at Comic-Con; no word on Animal Park

Actor Ranbir Kapoor has put an end to years of speculation around Dhoom 4. Speaking during the promotion of Ramayana at San Diego Comic-Con, the 43-year-old clarified that he is not part of the much-rumoured sequel, adding that his current slate includes only Ramayana and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Love & War.Ranbir was in San Diego along with Ramayana director Nitesh Tiwari, producer Namit Malhotra and co-star Yash to promote the upcoming mythological epic. During an interaction, the actor was asked about his involvement in Dhoom 4, and he dismissed them outright.In a video shared by the Review Nation YouTube channel, the host mentioned that Yash would be seen in Toxic: A Fairy Tale for Grown-Ups besides Ramayana, while claiming that Ranbir would headline Dhoom 4. The actor quickly corrected the statement."No, right now I am working on Ramayana and another film called Love & War, which is directed by Mr Sanjay Bhansali. That should be out on 24th of January next year," Ranbir said.Notably, the makers have officially announced January 21 as the release date for Love & War. Ranbir also did not mention Animal Park – the sequel to his 2023 blockbuster Animal – while listing his upcoming projects.About Dhoom 4Rumours about Ranbir leading the next instalment of the Dhoom franchise have persisted for several years. Back in 2025, a source told India Today, “Kapoor will need to have a different look for Dhoom 4 and before starting that, he will wrap up his two existing projects. Dhoom 4 is expected to go on floors next April. The production team is currently looking to lock two female leads and an antagonist for the film. Key contenders to play the antagonist in the film are being considered from the South.”The speculation intensified after celebrity hairstylist Aalim Hakim shared photographs of Ranbir's new look, with fans linking it to either Dhoom 4 or Animal Park. Last year, PeepingMoon also reported that Vicky Kaushal was being considered for a key role in the film. However, Yash Raj Films has not made any official announcement regarding the project.The Dhoom franchise began in 2004 with Abhishek Bachchan as ACP Jai Dixit, Uday Chopra as Ali and John Abraham as the antagonist Kabir Sharma. The film also featured Esha Deol and Rimi Sen in pivotal roles.Its 2006 sequel, Dhoom 2, introduced Hrithik Roshan as master thief Aryan Singhania and Aishwarya Rai as Sunheri, further cementing the franchise's popularity.The third instalment, Dhoom 3, released in 2013 and starred Aamir Khan in a dual role alongside Katrina Kaif. While speculation around a fourth film has continued ever since, Ranbir's latest statement makes it clear that he is not attached to the project.As of now, Yash Raj Films has not officially announced Dhoom 4.- EndsPublished On: Jul 26, 2026 20:17 IST

Original Source

Read the full article at Indiatoday →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.