Prince Harry had completely different thoughts about moving back to the UK last year. Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, have made the shocking decision to move back to the UK at the end of the month along with their kids — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — but back in May 2025, he said he couldn’t ever see that happening. “I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point,” Harry told the BBC in a sit-down interview, citing his security concerns. “And the things that they’re gonna miss is, well, everything.” “I love my country, I always have,” he added. “Despite what some people in that country have done.” Prince Harry (pictured above earlier this month) said in an interview last May that he “can’t see a world” where he’d move back to the UK with his wife, Meghan Markle, and their children. / SplashNews.com Page Six confirmed Wednesday that Harry and Markle (pictured above earlier this month) have made the shocking decision to move back to the UK six years after their highly publicized exit. / SplashNews.com He stressed that “of course” he misses the UK. “And I think that it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show, you know, my children my homeland,” he shared. Harry said that he wanted nothing more than “reconciliation” with this family, though he acknowledged that some members of his family would never forgive him for releasing his memoir, “Spare,” in 2023. “There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore,” he explained. “Life is precious.” Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving back to the UK for “an extended period.” In Harry’s BBC interview last May, he insisted that he loves his country. / SplashNews.com He also stressed that he would love to “reconcile” with his family (pictured here in July 2018). Getty Images Want more celebrity and pop culture news? Start your day with Page Six Daily. Thanks for signing up! We’re also told that their children will be enrolled at a school there. “The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to us. King Charles III was told on Sunday that Harry and Markle would be returning to Britain, and he looks forward to spending more time with them in a personal capacity, a source also shared. According to the source, the king is also clear that the couple’s role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the royal family will not change. An insider told us that the couple wanting to spend more time with Charles — who was diagnosed with cancer in February 2024 — is the reason for the move. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to California and stepped back from being senior members of the royal family in 2020. / SplashNews.com They’ve been living in a multimillion-dollar estate in Montecito ever since.They’re pictured here earlier this month. meghan/Instagram Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, made the bombshell decision to step away from the royal family and move to California in January 2020. “After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they said in a statement at the time. “We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen,” they added, referencing the late Queen Elizabeth II, who died in September 2022 at the age of 96. The bought a $14.6 million home in Montecito in August of that year, where they have been raising their kids. Community Guidelines Welcome to the Page Six Community! Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space. In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience. Simply put, keep it civil. Your post will/might be rejected if it contains: Spam Insults, profanity, incoherent, obscene or inflammatory language and threats of any kind Attacks on the identity of other commenters or the article's author User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice: Continuous attempts to re-post comments that have been previously moderated/rejected Racist, sexist, or homophobic comments Attempts or tactics that put the site security at risk So, how can you be a power user? Stay on topic and share your passion. Feel free to elaborate to get your point across. 'Like' or 'Dislike' when you are filled with emotions! Protect your community. Use the report tool to alert us when someone breaks the rules. Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!
Prince Harry said he could never ‘see a world’ where he moved back to the UK a year before bombshell news
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Pagesix →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.