Manhunt for murder suspect after bodies of two men found in flat in Glasgow

Manhunt for murder suspect after bodies of two men found in flat in Glasgow

See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source Published: 08:14 EDT, 19 August 2026 | Updated: 08:31 EDT, 19 August 2026 Police have launched a murder manhunt after the bodies of two men were found in a flat in Glasgow. Paul Lafferty, 50, and Gary Beaton, 54, were found with serious injuries at a property in the Partick area of the city on Sunday and pronounced dead at the scene. Following post-mortem examinations, their deaths are now being treated as murder. Police Scotland said extensive inquiries are under way in the area.Officers have trawled through hours of public and private CCTV footage as part of efforts to find those responsible, with door-to-door inquiries also continuing.Detective Superintendent Cheryl Kelly, the senior investigating officer, said: 'My thoughts are with the families of Paul and Gary at this extremely difficult time and we are doing all we can to get them answers.'Our investigation into the deaths of Paul and Gary are continuing and I would urgently appeal to anyone with information who has not already spoken with us to please do so.'It is vital we trace whoever is responsible and we are fully committed to doing this.'A significant amount of resources have been dedicated to this investigation and there will be a large police presence in the area as these inquiries continue.'Paul Lafferty, 50, and Gary Beaton, 54, were found with serious injuries at a property in the Partick area of the city on Sunday and pronounced dead at the scene DS Kelly said her team was keen to hear from 'anyone' who knew either of the victims. 'I am appealing directly to anyone with any information, no matter how small or insignificant they feel it may be, should come forward and speak to us. Please do not assume that the police already know the information you have,' she said. 'We are keen to hear from anyone who knew Paul and Gary, or who were in the Partick area near to Chancellor Street from Friday morning from 9am, August 14, who seen Paul or Gary or seen or heard anything suspicious.'Superintendent Craig Brady said: 'I would like to extend my sympathies to the family and friends of Paul and Gary as they try to come to terms with their loss.'We understand the significant impact this will have on the local community and I would like to thank everyone for their help so far.'High visibility patrols remain in the area and there will be an increased police presence as the investigation continues.'If anyone has any concerns, or information, please speak to officers.'Anyone with information is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101, quoting incident number 1386 of Sunday, August 16, 2026 or speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Original Source

Read the full article at Dailymail →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.