THE royals have been spotted at Balmoral after they gathered for a “summit” meeting on Harry and Meghan’s shock return. Prince William and Kate were pictured in the front car this morning, alongside several security vehicles on the Aberdeenshire estate. The Prince and Princess of Wales were seen driving out of Balmoral Castle this morning Credit: Northpix James Wessex and Prince Edward were also pictured Credit: Northpix They were followed by James Wessex and Prince Edward, then Mike Tindall and Zara, and then Princess Anne. The Royal Family’s annual summer gathering at Balmoral began yesterday. Sign up for the Royals newsletter Thank you! It includes the King and Queen, plus the Prince and Princess of Wales – who haven’t yet reacted to the news of the Sussexes returning. But we previously reported that it has turned into a meeting to discuss the return of Harry and Meghan, six years after Megxit. The family were at the estate when the news broke publicly, but the King was told of Harry’s return three days before. It echoes the Sandringham Summit in 2020 when the Sussexes first announced they wanted to leave. Princess Anne leaving Balmoral Castle this morning Credit: Northpix Both seven-year-old Archie and Lilibet, five, are set to go to school in the UK in September Credit: Refer to Caption The Royal Family are deeming it “business as usual” ahead of Harry and Meghan’s shock return to the UK, sources have told The Sun. It is likely to be the tensest gathering on the Scottish estate since the death of Queen Elizabeth II. Most read in Royals We revealed on Wednesday that Harry and Meghan will return later this month in a world exclusive. Prince Harry has repeatedly claimed the UK isn’t safe for his kids to visit, meaning King Charles has only met his grandchildren a handful of times. The Duke of Sussex, 41, fought and lost a long-winding court battle in an attempt to reinstate his taxpayer-funded security. He even claimed “my life is at stake” after he lost the three-and-a-half year legal fight. The couple made a dramatic exit from public life and moved to California six years ago – but now they are returning, with The Sun revealing the move in a world exclusive. But the question of their security – and how it will be paid for – remains. Sources have claimed that protection for the Sussex family could cost the taxpayer up to £5million a year. The Sun revealed Harry had won a new Government review into the risks he and his family face in the UK. The Duke of Sussex, 41, fought and lost a long-winding court battle in an attempt to reinstate his taxpayer-funded security Credit: Alamy Sources have now confirmed the whole family will return at the end of the month Credit: Getty A new threat assessment is due to be carried out – but has been delayed as the board responsible for carrying out the reviews has stalled. It’s unclear if the family has been given security assurances for their return and whether the financial burden will fall on the British taxpayer. It is also not yet known if there have been any changes in the Home Office’s security position on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. The Sussexes will continue with their business enterprises, sources say, and are understood to not be working as royals when they return. This likely means they won’t qualify for the level of security Prince Harry used to have before they left the UK six years ago. Other non-working royals only get a limited level of security, instead of 24-hour armed security guards. They gather at Balmoral Castle each summer Credit: Getty The Sussexes will continue with their business enterprises, sources say, and are understood to not be working as royals when they return Credit: Getty Meghan, Archie and Lilibet spent an extended trip in Britain last month, when they also met Charles and Camilla at Highgrove, without taxpayer-funded armed cops. It was claimed King Charles offered to help cover their security arrangements for the trip. Sources have now confirmed the whole family will return at the end of this month. They are expected to remain in Britain while Archie and Lilibet are in education – even though they have their home in California, where they are protected by private security. Megxit timeline May 19, 2018. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle marry. March, 2019. The palace announces Harry and Meghan will set up their own household. January, 2020. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announce their plans to step back from their roles as senior royals and reach the Sandringham Agreement – dubbed “Megxit” – which rules the Sussexes can not be half-in-half-out royals. March 2020. Meghan and Harry attend their last official engagement as working royals at Commonwealth Service Day before moving to California. March, 2021. Harry and Meghan’s notorious tell-all Oprah interview airs. December, 2022. Harry and Meghan’s bombshell Netflix documentary is released with the duo branding the Commonwealth “Empire 2.0.” January, 2023. Harry releases his tell all memoir Spare, heavily criticising the British press and making startling revelations about his family. February, 2024. Charles is diagnosed with cancer after the disease was spotted during his prostate operation. September, 2025. Harry is reunited with his father in their first face-to-face meeting since Charles was diagnosed with cancer. June, 2026. Harry, Meghan and the children visit the UK including Diana’s childhood home. August, 2026. It is announced Prince Harry and Meghan are moving back to the UK — six years after leaving for the US. Sources say if there are discussions on any future role for Harry it would need to take place between him and his father, the King. Both seven-year-old Archie and Lilibet, five, are set to go to school in the UK in September but Sussex sources will not reveal where they will be attending. It is understood that Meghan will also continue to run As Ever, her food and lifestyle brand, while living in the UK. She has reportedly been offered a return to acting as she prepares to come back to the country. However, no details of any role or project have been confirmed by the Sussexes. We previously reported that Harry and Meghan secretly visited the Cotswolds to find a new home when they came to Britain last month. The Duchess of Sussex is understood to have also discreetly gone there alone while Harry was at an Invictus Games event in Birmingham. 3 comments3
Kate, Wills and royals leave Balmoral after gathering turns into secret summit about Harry & Meghan’s shock return
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Thesun →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.