Jordan has not ordered evacuation of Aqaba airport or seaport, gov't spokesperson says

Jordan has not ordered evacuation of Aqaba airport or seaport, gov't spokesperson says

Says airport and port are operating normally as no potential ⁠threats have been recorded Reuters July 19, 2026 1 min read A photo of Aqaba airport—EPA Jordanian authorities ​have not issued any decision on ‌Sunday to evacuate the airport or seaport in Aqaba, the government's spokesperson told Reuters, after the US embassy ​in Amman said they had been ​evacuated due to a credible threat. "No potential ⁠threats have been recorded by the relevant ​Jordanian authorities in the past few hours," government ​spokesperson Mohammad Al-Momani told Reuters in a written statement. "The airport and port are operating normally." The US embassy had ​said the airport and seaport were evacuated ​due to a "specific and credible threat", without providing further details. Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Amman - July 19. 2026 Due to a specific and credible threat, Jordanian authorities evacuated the international airport and seaport in Aqaba. We strongly advise all Americans to refrain traveling to either the airport or seaport. Continue to follow… pic.twitter.com/POmmwxYVsZ — U.S. Embassy Amman (@USEmbassyJordan) July 19, 2026 "It ‌advised Americans to refrain from travelling to either location and to continue to follow all security directives issued by Jordanian authorities," said embassy. The US military said ​on Saturday ​that two ⁠of its personnel were killed in Jordan and another was missing ​after an Iranian attack. Over the last ​week, ⁠Jordan has repeatedly said that it has intercepted Iranian missiles flying over its territory. LATEST MOST READ OPINION

Original Source

Read the full article at Tribune →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.