Iran and the United States remain at loggerheads over efforts to agree on a permanent end to the war in the Gulf, according to a senior Iranian source, who said there had been no progress in talks to revive the interim deal agreed in June and define a timeframe to implement it. The comments came as US President Donald Trump issued yet another broadside against Iran's leaders, following new attacks on shipping in the region on Tuesday. The deal agreed in June declared an "immediate and permanent termination of military operations on all fronts", but quickly unravelled, with Trump saying it was "over" on 7 July and Iran's foreign ministry declaring it "suspended" a week later. "One of the issues that is being discussed via mediators is the US returning to the interim agreement and defining a timeframe for implementing the commitments. There has been absolutely no progress on this issue," the Iranian source said.
Iran says no progress on reviving interim peace deal with US
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Middleeasteye →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.