COPS probing the grim case of a Brit found in a suitcase in Greece say her cause of death could be revealed in “days” as they fast-track tests. Elisabeth Ross was discovered inside a suitcase by a homeless man in Athens on July 18. Elisabeth Ross, 38, was discovered inside a suitcase by a homeless man in Athens Credit: Facebook/@Joanne Noble Police believe she was killed not far from where her body was found The 38-year-old arrived in the Greek capital on a flight from Edinburgh on June 26. Police believe she was killed not far from where her body was found in the abandoned building in Kypseli. Sign up for The Sun newsletter Thank you! So far, cops have not been able to confirm the exact date of Elisabeth’s death or if it is considered murder. But Greek authorities are fast-forwarding crucial tests that could determine the cause of the Briton’s death, The Sun has learned. Her heartbroken father revealed he had received haunting text messages from his daughter’s phone after her death A post-mortem examination and toxicology tests are underway. Police spokesperson Konstantina Dimoglidou said: “We have made it a priority so we can have results in the coming days. “Then we will know how she died. This can’t wait.” Tests on blood, urine and vital organ tissues will be key to determine if Elisabeth died as a result of foul play. Most read in The Sun Police have also not ruled out alcohol or drugs playing a role. But they revealed that whoever stuffed her in the suitcase had been “careful”. “There were no fingerprints or traces of DNA on the suitcase”, police added. A Greek couple who Elisabeth was staying with in Keratsini told cops she was going to stay with some Americans she knew in Kypseli. The Hellenic Police has deployed the entire force to the investigation Credit: Eurokinissi Cops are desperate to uncover what happened to Elisabeth during the three days she is unaccounted for Credit: Facebook Investigators are now hunting the mystery pals as authorities expand the probe abroad. The Hellenic Police has deployed the entire force of the Homicide Directorate to the investigation. More than 60 police officers are working round the clock to unpick the case. The homeless man who made the grim discovery on July 18 has insisted the suitcase was not in the building the two days prior. His testimony has led police to believe her body was taken to the building at 7 Evelpidon Street on the evening of July 17 or the following morning. Her heartbroken father revealed he had received haunting text messages from his daughter’s phone after her death. The dad, a lawyer in Edinburgh, told Greek cops he was sent several messages for two weeks after Elisabeth’s passing from a man now being viewed as the prime suspect. One message sent on the last day she was seen alive said she “needed some time to herself” and “wanted to be alone for a while”. An officer told the Sun that the emergence of the messages has helped investigators track the location of phone. They said: “They were sent from Athens and it is clear whoever sent them was trying to buy time.” Elisabeth’s phone was only turned off on Wednesday morning after reports of the body being found made global headlines, local media claim. Cops are desperate to uncover what happened to Elisabeth during the three days she is unaccounted for – with the homeless man’s testimony giving them a strong lead. The investigation remains ongoing. Comment now
Greek cops fast-tracking autopsy of Brit found in suitcase say agonising wait for cause of death could still take days
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Thesun →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.