Estonia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced it will provide €340,000 ($392,000) to help Ukraine prepare for the upcoming winter, with the funds directed particularly toward frontline areas. According to the Foreign Ministry’s statement, the assistance will be delivered through non-governmental organization (NGO) partners – such as civil society groups, charities, or non-profit entities that collaborate with governments – and will focus on supporting displaced families and Ukrainian rescuers in frontline areas.JOIN US ON TELEGRAMFollow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official. “Estonia stands with Ukraine,” the ministry wrote on X. Energy staff, led by Koretskyi, sets repair priorities Estonia’s aid comes as Ukrainian authorities intensify their own winter preparations. Prime Minister Serhii Koretskyi chaired a meeting of the Energy Headquarters on Monday, Aug. 10, reviewing forecasted electricity and gas balances alongside Minister of Energy Svitlana Grynchuk and heads of Naftogaz, Ukrenergo, Energoatom, Ukrhydroenergo, Centrenergo et. al. “We reviewed forecasted balances of electricity and gas, based on various scenarios for getting through the winter,” Koretskyi said, adding that “it is important that energy companies work proactively and take on additional responsibility.” Koretskyi, who previously served as CEO of Naftogaz overseeing the company’s wartime infrastructure response, has led Ukraine’s energy strategy since becoming prime minister on July 16 as part of broader cabinet reshuffle. Other Topics of Interest Zelensky Says Ukraine Must Give its Youth ‘Reasons to Stay’ Zelensky says the new cabinet is drafting an action program addressing civilian life. Ukraine continues to prepare its residents and critical infrastructure for the upcoming winter, as Russia is expected to shift its winter campaign away from attacking Ukraine’s power grid, including heating and electricity, toward targeting water infrastructure instead. Meanwhile, Ukraine continues to rely on foreign partners for the delivery of Patriot interceptors to defend its skies against Russian ballistic missiles, as the country continues to face critical shortages.President Volodymyr Zelensky has warned that domestic Patriot production could take years, appealing to allies for more interceptors ahead of winter. Kyiv compiles evacuation lists for vulnerable residents Separately, Kyiv authorities are compiling lists of residents who may need temporary relocation if Russian strikes cause prolonged heating outages this winter. The lists focus primarily on elderly residents living alone, people with disabilities, and families raising children with disabilities. Kyiv Post is Ukraine’s first and oldest English news organization, reporting since 1995. Its international reach – 97% of readers are outside of Ukraine – make it truly Ukraine’s global voice.
Estonia Pledges Nearly $400,000 for Ukraine’s Winter Preparation
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Kyivpost →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.