Live Blog Update| War on Iran 18 August 2026 00:28 BST Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the Mecca Agreement between Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan is also open to other countries such as Egypt. Erdogan made the comments during an interview with Al Jazeera Arabic's Al Muqabala aired on Sunday after he was asked about whether other countries in the region could join the recently signed agreement. Erdogan said "the doors will be open to Egypt", seemingly debunking reports that it had been been excluded from the trilateral agreement. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the Mecca Agreement between Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan is also open to other countries such as Egypt. pic.twitter.com/aOuvpXECJE — Middle East Eye (@MiddleEastEye) August 17, 2026
Erdogan says Mecca agreement open to Egypt
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Middleeasteye →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.