POLICE are offering a £20,000 reward as they urgently hunt a man wanted in connection with the murder of Finbar Sullivan. Jordan Asije, 22, is wanted by police in connection with the knife attack on the film student on Primrose Hill, London, in April. Finbar was attacked by a gang of men Credit: PA Jordan Asije is wanted in connection with the murder Credit: PA Releasing an image of the suspect today, detectives appealed directly to Asije to turn himself in. Members of the public have also been offered money in exchange for information leading to Asije’s arrest. Sign up for The Sun newsletter Thank you! Finbar Sullivan, 21, was killed during a fight at the viewpoint over Regent’s Park, which was “very busy” due to the holidays and sunny weather. Police were called to reports of a brawl on the busy hill in broad daylight with young filmmaker Finbar reportedly attacked by a gang of men. The student pictured with his mother Leah Seresin and father Christopher Sullivan Credit: Facebook Police had been called to the park following reports of a fight Credit: PA Tragically, the London Screen Academy student was pronounced dead at the scene despite the best efforts of paramedics. Oliuwadamilola Ogunyankinnu, 27, Alexis Bidace, 25, and Ernest Boateng, 25, have all since appeared at the Old Bailey accused of murder. The trio entered not guilty pleas to the charge, as well as a count of violent disorder. An eight-week trial is due to be held next year – beginning on April 5. Most read in The Sun The court was told previously a group of men allegedly punched Finbar before kicking and stamping on him after he collapsed to the ground. One man is said to have stabbed the student twice – including a fatal injury to the thigh. Metropolitan Police Detective Inspector Andy Griffin is now leading the manhunt for Asije. Issuing an appeal for information today, he said: “My thoughts remain with Finbar’s family following their truly devastating loss. “We have made significant progress in understanding the events that led to his tragic death and our enquiries continue. “As part of this work, a reward of up to £20,000 is now being offered to encourage the public to help us arrest everyone we believe was involved in the murder. “No piece of information is too small and what may appear insignificant to you, could prove vital to our enquiries. “Jordan, if you are reading this, I urge you to do the right thing and hand yourself in at the nearest police station. “I also want to make it clear that anyone knowingly assisting Jordan to evade arrest, or harbouring him, may be committing a criminal offence and can expect to be investigated and dealt with robustly.” Finbar’s dad Christopher Sullivan, 65, previously told the Daily Mail his son had gone to the area to use a new camera he received for his birthday. He said his son had ambitions to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather, cameraman Michael Seresin, who worked on Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban and Rambo III. Christopher said: “This is the worst tragedy I could ever imagine. “He’s my only son… I had him when I was 45. He can never be replaced.”
Cops offer £20k reward in hunt for man, 22, after ‘murder’ of film student, 21, stabbed to death in beauty spot brawl
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Thesun →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.