The Housing Secretary could be seen walking among the shells of houses at Quarry Park Road, Stourbridge, following the huge blaze which destroyed 19 homes.Residents evacuated from their homes in the area have been allowed to return to view their properties, an update from Dudley Borough Council released on Sunday said.Housing Secretary Angela Rayner views the burnt-out remains of houses on Quarry Park Road in Stourbridge, West Midlands (Joe Giddens/PA)PA WireSome 13 households whose properties were partially damaged in the blaze have been able to return, chief executive Balvinder Heran said in a residents’ briefing.The Stourbridge fire is among a host of blazes which have ripped across Britain over the last week.On Friday evening, millions of people in England and Wales received an alert on their mobile devices warning them of a “very high risk of wildfires nationally”.Several fire services have since uploaded statements asking members of the public to only call 999 to report a genuine emergency.Temperatures are set to cool, and rain is set to fall in some areas in coming days, but extreme heat is expected to return after that.
Angela Rayner visits homes struck by Stourbridge wildfire
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Standard →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.